What is it?

October 28, 2005 by

Some of my people have recently been in Amish country and brought me this. I had never seen one, but now that I know what it is and how to use it, I LOVE it. Basically, it is a tube of fabric filled with fragrant stuff: cloves, cinnamon, etc. That you use as a trivet to put your teapot or hot pan on. Then your whole kitchen smells autumnal and warm and cozy. Like I said, I love it…..but I have zero idea what it is called. Any ideas?
Plus, don’t you love the fabric? It’s like floral camo. Makes me happy.
If you know what this is called, lemme know. I am hoping it has some fancy name, but given that it is Amish, I’m thinking, not so much.

One Response to What is it?